Thursday 6 March 2014

Ewan The Dream Sheep: Review

When Franky was about a week old, during the peak of the sleepless nights and restlessness, I found myself googling like a mad woman in the middle of the night, ideas and products that could help settle him so I could get a few precious zzzz's!

After scouring the Internet and twitter, I came across Ewan the dream sheep.




Rave reviews claimed that this little purple faced sheep could really help settle my baby. I was sold (and desperate!)

Ewan arrived and took his place in our lives 24 hours later and I've never looked back. 

"But how does it work and what does he do?" I hear you ask. Well...

Ewan isn't just a cute cuddly toy. Oh no. He emits soothing sounds at a low base frequency and a calming pink warm glow, which when combined, help settle babies and toddlers into a peaceful sleep.

He has a button in each of his legs that when pressed, turns on the pink light in his chest and emits one of 4 different sounds.




One leg plays a heartbeat and womb noise, another the sound of a vacuum cleaner, another one sounds like rain and the fourth is a harp, each combined with the gentle womb sequence.

You can chose to have the sounds on either loud or quiet ( I always have him on loud as it seems to have better results), and the pink light is emitted with each track.

I placed Ewan in Frankys Moses basket at bed time and selected the womb and heartbeat track. I watched as his eyes stared at the gentle pink glow coming from Ewan's chest and he lay gentle listening to the music.

Within just a few minutes I watched his eyes become heavy until he fell soundly asleep!




I was gob smacked- every night before I had had to rock him to sleep in my arms and hold him until he was in a deep sleep before putting him in his Moses basket. This time, he went off by himself and quickly!

I use Ewan every single night without fail now to help settle him into a peaceful sleep and his current favourite track is the harp- which sends me to sleep nicely too!

The only slight negative is that each track only plays for 20 minutes at a time before going off.

Sometimes Franky isn't quite asleep by this point and its a race to scramble out of bed and grab Ewan's leg quickly to start him up again before Franky notices!

That said, it's a tiny inconvenience compared to the benefits Ewan offers and I wouldn't be without him!




I would recommend Ewan to any new mum, or mum-to-be and would definitely classify him as a product you "need" when buying for baby! 

Ewan the dream sleep costs £29.99 and is available from the Sweet Dreamers website. 


1 comment:

  1. This is a great post, I am definitely getting one of these for my little one when he/she arrives in June! Heard so many great things about it xx

    ReplyDelete