Friday 13 September 2013

7 weeks & In Morning Sickness Hell

Ladies, I am in a whole WORLD of pain. I wake up feeling sick and I go to bed feeling sick. This is relentless.

It is so bad in fact, that I did the thing I didn't want to have to do for a while yet, and I told my boss at 7+3 weeks. I had to. If this sickness is going to continue, she needs to know rather than me making up excuse after excuse as to why I cant come to work.

I told her on a Monday morning after I had been off for 3 days the previous week. I claimed to have caught a bug on the flight home from my holiday, but I wanted to be honest and knew I would need the support of my work. So I bit the bullet and told her.

I'm so pleased that I did too, she was very kind and congratulated me and made me feel like I had her support going forward, which was a weight off my mind.

Turns out it's just as well I did tell her as by Wednesday I was greener than a cabbage and spent the rest of the week at home, off sick, again.

As miserable as I felt I had something in the back of my mind to keep me going. On Saturday, I had booked a private scan to see my little bean!

I have been feeling so dreadful and 12 weeks seems like such a long way away, and I desperately needed something to make me smile, and knew that seeing my little bean would perk me up!

I'm actually excited and scared in equal measures about the scan. I know it's stupid given my levels of sickness, but what if they don't find anything? What if there's nothing there and they say 'I'm terribly sorry, you're mistaken and actually just have a tummy bug.''

I'm sure that won't be the case, but I can hardly wait! 

3 comments:

  1. Ohh no! I really hope the sickness passes soon!!
    Ohh how exciting! Good luck for the scan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you have the dreaded morning sickness, I was hospitalised with it after week 6 and given anti sickness tablets so I could actually eat something, thankfully it had all gone by week 10 and I felt normal again.

    ReplyDelete